CES sits as the epicenter for global innovation. Each year thousands of people gather to showcase and observe businesses that are thriving in consumer technologies. Providing the perfect stage for innovators and breakthrough tech, CES has been operating successfully for the past 50 years. CES provides a unique and inspiring experience by giving audiences a taste of the next generation of cutting-edge tech.
NetBit & CES
NetBit attended CES to explore new connected home/office technologies and trends. We have a strong focus on the connected experience and wanted to take a closer look at the next wave of innovations within smart technologies. The connected space has a strong focus and influence this year, due to the demand for more connected experiences within the home.
NetBit works closely with connected experience in providing power supply units for CPE and home/office automation (routers, gateways, STB’s, modems, etc.) so we found the exhibition incredibly insightful on what is to come.
Here are some of our key takeaways from this year’s show:
- Amazon voice control: Alexa’s influence is spreading to EVERYTHING in the home and office from vacuum cleaners to toilets and almost every appliance in between!
- Remote/in-home medical devices: A truly wonderful leap for the medical field as the volume of patients a doctor needs to tend to per day increases. These devices enable remote diagnosis by connecting your arm, finger and forehead with devices that then connects to an app with a webcam and allows doctors to assist patients remotely.
- 5G wireless: With so much automation being adopted en-masse, 5G was prominent throughout CES. 5G poses many challenges at present with repeaters/antennas potentially required in every room for indoor use (5G cannot penetrate walls as efficient as Wi-Fi signals can).
- Wi-Fi 6/mesh devices: ARRIS Surfboard, Netgear NightHawk, D-Link Cour, TP-Link Deco, and Comcast XFi units, all portrayed were showcased which offer consumers increased bandwidth and internet speeds and potentially a better solution than 5G.
- Wireless charging: Wi-Charge allows battery-powered devices to be charged remotely without the need for replacements, charging pads or power cords.
- Solar-powered water generator: Optimising water usage through providing freshwater anywhere in the world by pulling moisture from the air via solar panel power.
- 70s vintage stereo systems: RCA is remaking 50s, 60s and 70s stereos staged in cabinetry. An exciting modern twist on a classic feature for the home.
CES continues to offer insights into emerging technologies of relevance to connected users and CPE operators, OEMs and suppliers. With the connected experience on the rise, new technologies, innovation, and an ever-evolving market, it’s safe to say that the future shows a deeper connection spread across more devices and our daily lives.
To find out how NetBit can power your connected experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trackback URL: https://netbit.com/netbits-ces-overview/trackback/